Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Qalam Qalam.ai which is a website operated and managed by its owner Mawdoo3 Limited (“Company”) and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates (the “Website” or “Qalam”)). (“Qalam”), is a smart Arabic writing assistant for both Individuals and Businesses (including, without limitation, writing feedback suggestions and/or corrections, Auto tashkeel, phrasing enhancements, and proofreading services) and provides AI APIs/SDK (the “Services”) for developers through the Website or Qalam software (“Software”). Access to and use of Qalam’s existing Website as well as any future Websites or Services by Qalam are governed by this Terms of Service and License Agreement (this “Agreement”).
When you register at the Website and while using the Website or Services, you confirm that you have read and agreed on this Agreement.
We also reserve the right to wholly or partially at any time update and/or amend and/or suspend the Website and/or the Services. You irrevocably acknowledge that we will not be liable toward you or any third party for any wholly or partially suspension and/or updates and/or amendments of the Website and/or the services
If you are an individual subscriber, or are accessing the Site to use a Trial (as defined below) of the Services or Qalam.ai software (“Software”), or are otherwise browsing the Website, this Agreement is between you, individually, and Qalam.
If you are an employee or other entity or organization that has subscribed to the Services (an “Enterprise Subscriber”), you are an “Authorized User” of your Enterprise Subscriber and (i) you represent that you have your Enterprise Subscriber’s permission and authority to use the Website, Services, Software and your Enterprise Subscriber’s “User Content” (as defined below) subject to this Agreement, (ii) this Agreement is an agreement between you, individually, and Qalam, and (iii) your Enterprise Subscriber is jointly responsible for your use of the Website, Services and Software.
If you are entering into this Agreement on behalf of an Enterprise Subscriber, you represent that you have the authority to bind the Enterprise Subscriber to this Agreement, in which case references to “you” in this Agreement shall mean the Enterprise Subscriber. If you do not have such authority, you must not accept this Agreement and may not use the Website, Software or Services.
If you are not satisfied with the Website, its content, Services, or the information that We provide through the Website, the only and exclusive solution available to you is to stop accessing and using the Website. This solution applies even if the Services provided under this Agreement fail to fulfill their primary purpose.
If you are an individual subscriber: In consideration for your acceptance of this Agreement and your payment of all applicable Fees (as defined below), Qalam grants you a personal, limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, revocable license to access and use the Website, the Services and the Software solely for your own personal purposes.
If you are an Enterprise Subscriber: In consideration for your agreement to this Agreement and your payment of all applicable Fees (as defined below), Qalam grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, revocable license to access and make use of the Website, the Services and the Software solely for your internal business purposes. In addition, you may permit such a number of Authorized Users as has been agreed between you and Qalam to access and make use of the Website, Services and Software.
If you are an Authorized User: In consideration for your agreement to this Agreement and your Enterprise Subscriber’s payment of all applicable Fees (as defined below), Qalam grants you a personal, limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, revocable license to access and make use of the Website, the Services and the Software solely for the internal business purposes of your Enterprise Subscriber.
YOU MAY NOT CHECK NUMBER OF WORDS MORE THAN WHAT HAVE BEEN STATED IN THE PACKAGES SPECIFIED BELOW:
- For user subscription package: user can't check more than 200 documents or/and 60,000 words in one month. In addition, one document limit shall not exceed 10000 words for Qalam to work.
- For word package: Qalam won't work in a document that exceeds 75,000 words.
- Word package: balance validity is 18 months (for the avoidance of doubt, if the u*ser has charged his account with $100, the user has to consume it within 18 months).
If you are an Enterprise Subscriber, this restriction applies to each of your Authorized Users individually, not to your overall use of the Website, Services and Software. In addition, you may not:
- copy, modify or create derivative works based on the Website, Services, Software or Documentation, or any portion(s) of any of the foregoing (individually and collectively, “Qalam IP”);
- distribute, transmit, publish or otherwise disseminate any Qalam IP;
- download or store any Qalam IP except to the extent explicitly permitted on the Website;
- transfer to any third party any of your rights under this Agreement (except to the extent that an Enterprise Subscriber may permit such number of Authorized Users as has been agreed between the Enterprise Subscriber and Qalam to access and make use of the Website, Services and Software);
- access or use the Services, Software or Qalam IP for the benefit of any third party (except to the extent that Authorized Users may access and make use of the Website, the Services and the Software solely for the internal business purposes of their Enterprise Subscriber);
- access content or data not intended for you, log onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access, or otherwise violate or attempt to violate any security or authentication feature or measures of the Website, Software or Services;
- attempt to access or derive the source code or architecture of any Software;
- attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Website, Services and/or Software, or any associated system or network, or to breach any security or authentication feature or measures of the Website, Software or Services (except with Qalam’s express permission in connection with your participation in one of Qalam’s security testing programs), and if you are blocked by Qalam from accessing the Website, Software or Services (including by blocking your IP address), you will not implement any measures to circumvent such blocking (e.g., by masking your IP address or using a proxy IP address);
- interfere or attempt to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting malicious software or computer code (“Malicious Code”) to the Website or Services, load testing, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” “crashing,”;
- email or otherwise transmit any content that (i) infringes any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any party; (ii) you do not have a right to upload under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; (iii) contains any Malicious Code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; (iv) poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person or entity; (v) constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized materials; or (vi) is otherwise objectionable;
- automate access to the Website or the Services, including, without limitation, through the use of APIs, bots, scrapers or other similar devices;
- export or re-export any Qalam IP;
- use or access any Services, Software or Qalam IP in order to build a competitive product, service or solution;
- violate any applicable law or regulations in connection with your use of the Website, Services or Software;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, including, without limitation, an Enterprise Subscriber; or
- permit any third party to do any of the foregoing.
Qalam may offer certain Software, including certain interfaces, for download from the Website (“Ancillary Software”). Subject to the other terms and conditions of this Agreement, you may install and use Ancillary Software on computers owned, leased or otherwise controlled by you, solely in conjunction with your authorized use of the Services. Upon expiration or termination of this Agreement for any reason, you shall cease any further use of the Ancillary Software and shall promptly destroy all copies thereof in your possession.
Certain Services or Software (including Ancillary Software) may be subject to additional limitations, restrictions, terms and/or conditions specific to such Services or Software (“Specific Terms”). In such cases, the applicable Specific Terms will be made available to you and your access to and use of the relevant Services or Software will be contingent upon your acceptance of and compliance with such Specific Terms.
Certain Services or Software (including Ancillary Software) may contain or otherwise make use of software, code or related materials from third parties, including “open source” or “freeware” software (“Third Party Components”). Certain Third Party Components may be subject to separate license terms that accompany such Third Party Components that, to the extent they conflict with the terms of this Agreement, supersede the terms of this Agreement.
Registration and security
By completing the registration process for any given Services, you are agreeing to subscribe to the selected Services, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. You agree to provide Qalam with your personal information such as name, e-mail, and demographic information such as address, phone number, your company’s name or any other information that might be requested and to promptly notify Qalam in the event of any changes to any such information.
You shall be solely responsible for the security and proper use of all user IDs, passwords or other security devices used in connection with the Website and/or the Services, and shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that they are kept confidential and secure, are used properly and are not disclosed to or used by any other person or entity. You shall immediately inform Qalam if there is any reason to believe that a user ID, password or any other security device issued by Qalam has or is likely to become known to someone not authorized to use it, or is being or is likely to be used in an unauthorized way. Qalam reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to request that you change your password(s) in connection with the Services, and you shall promptly comply with any such request.
You are solely responsible for all activity in connection with access to the Website and/or Services through your account or using your password, and for the security of your computer systems, and in no event shall Qalam be liable for any loss or damages relating to such activity.
Enterprise Subscriber responsibility for Authorized Users
Enterprise Subscribers shall ensure that the total number of Authorized Users does not exceed the maximum number of seats authorized by and purchased from Qalam (each of which seats represents a unique (named) Authorized User). Enterprise Subscribers may assign different Authorized Users to the seats authorized by and purchased from Qalam, so long as the total number of Authorized Users at any time does not exceed the maximum number of seats authorized by and purchased from Qalam, but Authorized Users may not transfer (including by way of sublicense, lease, assignment or other transfer, including by operation of law) their seat, user name or right to use the Website, Services or Software to any third party. You, the Enterprise Subscriber, and your Authorized Users are jointly responsible for your Authorized Users’ use of the Website, Services and Software. You are also responsible for ensuring that all of your Authorized Users comply with all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Any violation of the terms and/or conditions of this Agreement by any of your Authorized Users shall be deemed to be a violation thereof by you.
Fees, payment, and trial memberships
If you have registered to use certain Services and/or Software on a trial basis, then you may use such Services and Software only for noncommercial evaluation purposes during the applicable trial period.
Your access to or use of the Services and/or Software shall be contingent upon your payment of all applicable fees as described on the Website or Software at the time (“Fees”); unless you are an Authorized User, in which case your access to or use of the Services and/or Software shall be contingent upon your Enterprise Subscriber’s payment of the Fees.
Upon registering for Services, unless you are an Authorized User, you will be required to designate a valid payment method. You hereby authorize Qalam to charge to your designated account all Fees relating to the Services you select, and you agree to pay all such Fees in accordance with the applicable payment method terms and conditions.
Qalam reserves the right to revise its Fees, including by increasing or adding new Fees, at any time upon ten (10) days’ notice. Such notice may be sent to you by email to your most recently provided email address or posted on the Website or by any other manner chosen by Qalam in its commercially reasonable discretion. You will be deemed to have received any such notice that is posted on the Website on the day it was posted. Your use of the Services after the ten (10) day notice period constitutes your acceptance of the new or revised Fees. If you do not agree to the revised Fees, you may cancel your subscription by you may cancel your subscription by sending an email to the email address described below..
To ensure uninterrupted Service, all subscriptions to the Website, Software and Services are renewed automatically. You hereby authorize Qalam to charge subscription Fees for the renewal period to the payment method on the file. All subscriptions are renewed at the subscription level(s) and Fees in effect at the time the then-current subscription term ends. You may cancel the subscription at any time by you may cancel your subscription by sending an email to the email address described in Notice Clause ..
Qalam may offer a free trial membership from time to time with regard to certain Software or Services (a “Trial”). By accessing or using the Website, Services or Software, you agree to the terms of any such Trial and further agree to any changes Qalam may make to such Trial as described in “Changes to Services or Terms” below. If you cancel the Services before the end of the trial period, all your rights to any remaining free trial period will be waived (unless you started your Trial via our iOS app, in which case your trial will continue until the end of the trial period), and you will not be eligible to participate in any further Trials, except as allowed by Qalam in its sole discretion.
Termination and refund policy
This Agreement shall continue until you cancel your subscription or until terminated by Qalam. You may cancel your subscription at any time, although only an authorized representative of an Enterprise Subscriber may cancel the Enterprise Subscriber’s account. Your subscription is considered final, once the payment the Fees has been made. If you cancel your subscription after the payment the Fees is made , you will not receive a refund for any amounts that have been charged. Your cancellation will be effective at the end of your then-current subscription period, subject to applicable law, and you may use the Services until your cancellation is effective (unless your access is suspended or terminated as set forth below).
Qalam may deny you access to all or any part of the Services or terminate your account with or without prior notice if you engage in any conduct or activities that Qalam determines, in its sole discretion, violate this Agreement or the rights of Qalam or any third party, or is otherwise inappropriate. Without limitation, Qalam may deny you access to the Services, or terminate this Agreement and your account, if your use of the Services exceeds the 30-day and 24-hour use limitations set forth under the section titled “License.”
Qalam reserves the right to cancel your access, including when:
- The Website is unable to verify any of the provided information by you.
- Tshe Website believes at its sole and absolute discretion, that your actions may cause legal liability for the Website and / or other users, and / or may negatively affect the Services provided by the Website.
If you are an Authorized User of an Enterprise Subscriber, and this Agreement or the applicable agreement for Services and Software is terminated in relation to such Enterprise Subscriber, or if you otherwise lose access to the Services and Software via your Enterprise Subscriber (e.g., if you graduate from that Enterprise Subscriber or are no longer employed by that Enterprise Subscriber), Qalam may elect in its discretion to (a) terminate your account or (b) downgrade your account to an individual subscriber account, at which point you agree that your use of the Services and Software will be as an individual subscriber in accordance with the terms of this Agreement (which Agreement at that point will be solely between you and Qalam).
If you are an Authorized User of an Enterprise Subscriber, your Enterprise Subscriber may elect in its discretion and at any time to revoke your Authorized User status and (a) terminate your account or (b) downgrade your account to an individual subscriber account, at which point you agree that your use of the Services and Software will be as an individual subscriber in accordance with the terms of this Agreement (which Agreement at that point will be solely between you and Qalam).
Upon termination of your account(s) for any reason, your right to use the Services and Software to access the Website and any of its content will immediately cease and all content in your account(s) will be deleted. All provisions of this Agreement that by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, limitations of liability and miscellaneous provisions.
Except as may be expressly set forth herein, all Fees paid or accrued in connection with any Services are non-refundable, and Qalam will not prorate any Fees paid for a subscription that is terminated before the end of its term.
Termination and refund policy
This section titled “Termination of Agreement with Enterprise Subscriber” applies only to Enterprise Subscribers.
Either Qalam or you may terminate this Agreement by notice if the other party breaches any material term of this Agreement and fails to cure such breach within thirty (30) days after receipt of notice of the breach from the non-defaulting party. In addition, Qalam may suspend the Services upon notice if you fail to make any payment when due and fail to cure such breach within ten (10) days after receipt of notice of the breach from Qalam. Any such suspension or termination shall be without limitation of any other right or remedy available to the terminating party.
Qalam may terminate this Agreement for convenience upon sixty (60) days’ prior written notice without liability to you. Following a termination pursuant to the foregoing sentence, Qalam shall refund the pro rata portion of any Fees relating to the remaining term, as applicable.
Either Qalam or you may terminate this Agreement immediately upon notice to the other party if the other party has a receiver or similar party appointed for all or substantially all of its property, is declared insolvent by a court of competent jurisdiction, ceases to do business in the ordinary course, files a petition in bankruptcy or has a petition filed against it in bankruptcy, becomes the subject of any court or administrative proceeding related to its liquidation or insolvency (whether voluntary or involuntary) that is not dismissed within ninety (90) days, or makes an assignment for the benefit of its creditors.
If this Agreement is terminated or otherwise expires for any reason, you shall promptly return to Qalam or destroy, as directed by Qalam, all Confidential Information, Software and other materials in your possession or under your control belonging to Qalam, and all rights and licenses granted by Qalam pursuant to this Agreement shall terminate. Upon the expiration or termination of this Agreement, your right to use the Services and Software and to access the Website and any of its content will immediately cease and Qalam may elect in its discretion to (a) terminate your Authorized Users’ accounts or (b) downgrade your Authorized Users’ accounts to individual subscriber accounts.
Upon terminating the entry or suspending or canceling your access for any reason , the Website has the right to prevent you from entering again in the future and has the right to delete any information related to you or any content provided by you.
All provisions of this Agreement that by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, limitations of liability and miscellaneous provisions.
Access to Services
You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining any equipment and ancillary services needed to connect to or access the Website or otherwise use the Services, including, without limitation, modems, hardware, software, internet service and telecommunications capacity. You shall be solely responsible for ensuring that such equipment and ancillary services are compatible with the Services and Software.
The Website, Software and Services may include products and services that are available via a mobile device, including (i) the ability to upload/write content to the Services via a mobile device, (ii) the ability to browse the Services and the Website from a mobile device, and (iii) the ability to access certain features through an application downloaded and installed on a mobile device (collectively, “Mobile Services”). To the extent you access the Service through a mobile device, your wireless service carrier’s standard charges, data rates and other fees may apply. In addition, downloading, installing or using certain Mobile Services may be prohibited or restricted by your carrier, and not all Mobile Services may work with all carriers or devices. By using the Mobile Services, you agree that Qalam may communicate with you regarding Qalam and other entities by electronic means to your mobile device and that certain information about your usage of the Mobile Services may be communicated to us. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you agree to promptly update your account information to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person that acquires your mobile telephone number.
You are solely responsible for all text, documents or other content or information uploaded, entered or otherwise transmitted by you in connection with your use of the Services and/or Software (“User Content”). User Content includes, among other things, any mistakes contained in the content or information transmitted by you. Qalam has no obligation to monitor any User Content and shall have no liability to you or any other person or entity with respect thereto, including, without limitation, liability with respect to any information (including your confidential information) contained in or apparent from any User Content. You warrant, represent and covenant that you own or have a valid and enforceable license to use all User Content, and that no User Content infringes, misappropriates or violates the rights (including, without limitation, any copyrights or other intellectual property rights) of any person or entity or any applicable law, rule or regulation of any government authority of competent jurisdiction. Qalam is not responsible for the loss, corruption or other changes to User Content. Without limiting the foregoing, any feature(s) of the Services and/or Software that may permit you to temporarily save or otherwise store User Content is offered for your convenience only and Qalam does not guarantee that the User Content will be retrievable. You are solely responsible for saving, storing and otherwise maintaining User Content including by maintaining backup copies of your User Content on appropriate independent systems that do not rely on the Services and/or Software.
You retain all right, title, and interest in and to your User Content. By uploading or entering any User Content, you give Qalam (and those it works with) a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free and fully-paid, transferable and sublicensable, perpetual, and irrevocable license to copy, store and use your User Content (and, if you are an Authorized User, your Enterprise Subscriber’s User Content) in connection with the provision of the Software and the Services and to improve the algorithms underlying the Software and the Services.
Changes to Services or Terms
Qalam reserves the right at any time to (i) change any information, specifications, features or functions of the Website, Services or Software, including any Trial, (ii) suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any or all of the Services or any Trial, including the availability of any feature, database or content, or (iii) impose limits on certain features and Services or restrict access to parts or all of the Services, including any Trial, in each case with or without prior notice and without any liability to you or any third party. Qalam will use its commercially reasonable efforts to notify you of changes to the Services and/or Software that, in Qalam’s reasonable opinion, have the effect of materially and adversely diminishing the functionality of the Services to which you have subscribed.
Qalam may from time to time update or revise this Agreement. If Qalam updates or revises this Agreement, Qalam will notify you either by email to your most recently provided email address, by posting the updated or revised Terms of Service on the Website or by any other manner chosen by Qalam in its commercially reasonable discretion. Your use of the Website, Services or Software following any such update or revision constitutes your agreement to be bound by and comply with this Agreement as updated or revised. You can view the most current Terms of Service and at Qalam.com/terms. It is your responsibility to review the Terms of Service and periodically.
Links to third party sites
Any links on the Website to third party websites are provided for your convenience only. If you choose to access third party websites or obtain products or services from third parties, you do so entirely at your own risk and such access is between you and such third party. Qalam does not warrant or make any representation regarding the legality, accuracy or authenticity of content presented by such websites or any products or services offered by third parties and shall have no liability for any loss or damages arising from the access or use of such websites, products or services.
Data collection and privacy
Qalam owns the rights in the Website. You have the right to use the Website and/ or the Services due to a license given from our end. The license granted to you to use the Website is revocable, non-assignable, and non-exclusive. This means that you cannot use the Website for any commercial purpose, that we can revoke your right of using the Website, that you cannot give this license to any third party, and that other members can use the content and Services that we provide. All rights, titles, and interests, contained herein and related to the Website, as well as all intellectual property rights (which include but are not limited to the participation, classification, arrangement, and methodologies of the Websites) are the property of the Company or our affiliates, except for the rights you acquire under the law and any information or content related to the virtual consultations through the Website or other related Services. The other parties, who have rights reserved in the content, are the owners of these rights.
- The Website, the Website’s Logo, trademarks and other Logos and product and service names are our trademarks ("Website Trademarks"). We also own the names of our products and services on the Website, and these names are internationally and locally protected by trademark laws. Any use of our trademarks requires prior written approval. You must seek permission from us to use our trademarks.
- You agree not to violate copyright, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other intellectual property rights.
- You agree not to engage in any activity that would constitute copyright infringement in relation to the content.
- You agree not to access our data or attempt to access or use it without our permission.
- You agree not to access, attempt to access, or request unauthorized access through the Website without obtaining permission from us. This means that you agree not to wholly or partially transmit, transfer, upload, publish, sell, rent, license, refer, disclose, reverse, frame, decompile, disassemble, or use any aspect of the Website’s aspects or content, in any form or by any means.
Responsibility of the Company / Website
- You are responsible for your use of the Website and/or the Services. The Website does not bear any direct or indirect liability arising out of using the Website. The Website and/or Services is provided "as is". Therefore, you must exercise caution in using and downloading any of these programs, information or materials and using recognized programs for virus detection and disinfection.
The Website's liability and the compensation
- You agree that the Website, its mother company, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, directors, agents, and any of its representatives will not, in any case, be responsible for any direct or indirect damages that may incur to you, including but not limited to damages arising out from lost profit Loss of data arising from the use or inability to use the Website or the materials thereon, including the content or the unauthorized access to the Website or any change in the transfer of data or reliance on any content of the Website or the placing of any materials on the Website and any other matters related to the Website and its use. These limits will apply even if the Website has been notified of the possibility of such damages.
- The Company or any of its employees who are involved in the preparation, production or distribution of any material or content of this Website does not bear any responsibility for any intentional or unintentional, material or moral damage or any malfunction or harm arising from using this Website, or being able to use it, or from any mistake, default, or defect therein, or any delay in accessing the provided information.
In the event that we provide you with an English translation of this Agreement, the Arabic version of this Agreement will prevail in the event of any conflict.
The enforcement, interpretation and implementation of the Term of Use will be in accordance with the laws of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and its amendments.
Your use of the Website, content and Services must comply with all applicable laws, regulations and instruction. If the use of this Website violates the laws in force where you stay when you enter the Website, then the Website is not designed for you and we ask you not to use the Website. You are responsible for reviewing the applied laws relating to the Term of Use and complying with it.